You got me, that is not a KryoFlux :-)!
That is a Catweasel MK4. This is what started it over the christmas holidays. I dug through my old stuff and thought I might recover some of my old Commodore Amiga disks befor they totaly give up to bit rot.
Years ago I bought the above beauty. I dug thru the rest of my stuff and found an old 3,5” drive, cables and even a computer which I might use. But sadly it didn’t work.
There is software support for different OS. My Mac was sadly not convinced yet to talk to the device, or should I say El Capitan was not convinced… I started a virtual Windows PC under Parallels and the device works like a charm.
Ok, it is a nerdy setup, to copy Amiga disks for an emulator run under Mac OS on an emulated Windows system – but what the heck – it works!
And… very few disks seem to be corrupt, even my old harddrive Amiga backups (Quarterdeck) are fine (well the ones I could find all disks for).
Only thing is, it seems I did not back up the things I now am looking for (old sourcecode, compiler setups and the like), but rather the newest games and tools one had gotten (eh, as a safety measure from some friends….).
I am still trying to get an Aztec C 3.6 compiler for my Amiga up an running and convince it to compile the lates version of Monopoly.
Actually it does already compile – only the linker is annoying me still.
I will likely add a few blog posts of retro stuff soon…